CEITEC – Central European Institute of Technology
Central European Institute of Technology (CEITEC) is a centre with a focus of research in the fields of Life Sciences, and Advanced Materials and Technologies. CEITEC was established in 2011 with a strong foundation of six prominent universities and research institutes, with long-lasting traditions. CEITEC is located in Brno, Czech Republic.
So far, CEITEC has managed to build up a cutting-edge research centre, which performs among the best European institutes. CEITEC’s success can be attributed not only to its high-tech technologies, but also to a leading team of scientists from the Czech Republic and abroad. CEITEC’s achievements are also a result of its adherence to international standards of quality in research, which are regularly evaluated by an international committee. Among the main priorities of CEITEC are a motivating and dynamic international scientific environment, state-of-the-art research infrastructure, and a policy of open communication and equal opportunity.
The multi-departmental nature of CEITEC and the extent to which the fields of Life Sciences and Advanced materials and Technologies are integrated make it the first research centre of its kind in the Czech Republic. The high-tech technologies at its disposal will facilitate synergistic study in the subjects of Life and Material Sciences on all currently available levels of complexity, starting with individual atoms, through molecules, ensembles and cells, to whole organisms.
CEITEC core facilities offer the research community access to cutting-edge equipment. CEITEC’s goal is to be a central hub for shared resources that provides academic and industrial scientific investigators the use of instrumentation, and technology development and services.
New modern laboratories with first-class instruments, technologies, and service facilities are based in the University Campus of Masaryk University in Brno – Bohunice and the Brno University of Technology Campus “Pod Palackého vrchem“. Core facilities provide specialized research, greater expertise, high-quality facilities for advanced education, and close cooperation. Thanks to the combination of knowledge and resources of the six participating institutions, it is possible to attain highquality results faster, and with greater involvement of the industry.
In addition to integration into the international research network, CEITEC is also unique in its management system, which is based on experience of the most important research institutions worldwide. CEITEC works with the most significant global institutions; recognised foreign experts are members of the research teams and hold key managerial positions. In addition, the evaluation of the management of the centre is conducted by prominent foreign experts and is based on strict international standards. World experts have expressed interest in working at CEITEC, as well as successful Czech scientists, who have a place to return from abroad.
For more information about CEITEC, please visit/ .
CEITEC – Central European Technology
c/o Masaryk University
Žerotínovo nám. 9, 601 77 Brno
+420 549 496 325
- I.South Moravia: Geography, Labour Force, Economy
- II. Legal Regulation of Business Activities, Establishment of Business Entities
- III. Accounting and Auditing
- IV. Tax System in the Czech Republic
- V. Employment and Labour Regulations
- VI. Visa and Integration after Arrival
VII. Co-operation with South Moravian Institutions
- CEITEC – Central European Institute of Technology
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering of the Brno University of Technology
- AdMaS – Advanced Materials, Structures and Technologies
- Centre SIX – Sensor, Information and Communication Systems
- NETME Centre – New Technologies for Mechanical Engineering
- CVVOZE – Centre for Research and Utilisation of Renewable Energy
- CMV – Materials Research Centre
- TTO MU – Technology Transfer Office of Masaryk University
- JIC – South Moravian Innovation Centre
- JCMM – South Moravian Centre for International Mobility
- ISOB – The International School of Brno
- BEC – Brno Expat Centre
- VIII. Practical Information: Working and Living in South Moravia