JIC – South Moravian Innovation Centre
The mission of JIC is to empower people to create and grow businesses that can change the world.
For 15 years, JIC has been successfully developing South Moravian innovation ecosystem. JIC provides a wide range of programmes supporting people’s business ideas, start-ups or established small and medium enterprises in South Moravia.
Businesses that participated in JIC programmes currently employ more than 6 thousand people.
JIC vision is an open innovation ecosystem that is the home of globally successful entrepreneurs and which inspires the world.
JIC programmes and services:
JIC ENTER (www.jic.cz/en/enter)
- Programme for people with innovative ideas who want to start their own business.
- Participants in this programme can check to see if their idea has any potential. JIC supports them in their first steps and offers them an opportunity to develop their business skills by providing seminars, workshops and consultations with mentors.
- Companies develop their business with expert supervision in a coworking space where they meet with other programme participants.
JIC MASTER (www.jic.cz/en/master)
- Programme for innovative technology companies with an ambition to become an important player in the market both here abroad.
- JIC MASTER programme helps companies to set the appropriate strategy, identify the business’ weak points and build solid foundations for foreign expansion.
- Participants are guided through the programme by consultants, JIC experts and also by the entrepreneur in residence, who combines the role of active business leader and consultant.
- JIC MASTER programme is intended for technology companies connected to the South Moravian Region who have been selling a product or service for not more than three years and who already have paying customers.
JIC PLATINN (www.jic.cz/en/platinn)
- Programme for established companies from South Moravian Region who are interested in innovative opportunities for further development.
- JIC PLATINN is designed for technology companies older than 3 years with more than 10 employees. A carefully selected expert conducts an analysis of the company, identifies its growth potential and helps apply innovation and changes in practice.
- JIC PLATINN programme, based on the Swiss model Platinn, is currently inspiring many European regions to establish their own coaching schemes.
- The subsidiary company JIC VENTURES s.r.o. was established with the aim of investing in current and former JIC programmes participants.
- This company helps approved companies develop more quickly by making investments ranging from tens to the lower hundreds of thousands euros. It plans to use returns on shares to support other JIC clients. It operates either as a sole investor or invests jointly alongside other investors.
- JIC offers a series of courses for all those who already have a business idea, but who first wish to put it to the test, and for those who haven’t a clue how to start up a business. The course consists of seminars and workshops conducted by JIC consultants, and is suitable for all types of projects at the idea stage.
Development of entrepreneurship and spin-offs
- In the endeavours to develop entrepreneurship, JIC focuses on high school and college students, as well as on university spin-offs. It expands their horizons and allows them to try the first steps of working out an idea.
ESA BIC Brno
- In this new project, consultants, brokers and advisors intensively help startups, spin-offs, students and companies that have been in existence for less than 5 years with the practical use and adaptation of space technologies.
- Digital workshop FABLAB BRNO offers a 24-hour access to machines for everyone wishing to test their modern technology or work on a project. FABLAB BRNO, located in the JIC INMEC building, organizes events and workshops on mechanics, 3D printing and IoT to help them develop their technical skills. During these workshops, students, aspiring entrepreneurs and DIY enthusiasts are encouraged to create their school, artistic, business, or other projects. Those with an entrepreneurial plan and potential can further develop their projects under one of the JIC programmes.
- The INTEMAC research centre in Kuřim helps companies conduct research and development in the fields of machine tools, production technology and mechanical engineering and is devoted to Industry 4.0.
- The company Intemac Solutions, s.r.o., which operates the INTEMAC centre, is a JIC subsidiary.
JIC runs three buildings in Brno.
JIC clients can draw on comprehensive support facilities, including space for meetings, research and business. JIC rents offices and laboratories to start-ups and established companies in three buildings.
JIC base is located near the Czech Technology Park and is a direct neighbour of the Central European Institute of Technology (CEITEC BUT). There are laboratories and coworking spaces. Currently there is located a FabLab – an open workshop equipped with digitally controlled machines.
The biotechnology incubator on the Masaryk University campus offers opportunities to cooperate with top class laboratories.
BUT Technology Incubator II is occupied by technology companies which have been provided with support facilities for developing their technologies.
Accreditation and International Networks
JIC is a holder of the prestigious BIC accreditation, which is granted by the European Business & Innovation Centre Network (EBN) on behalf of the European Commission. JIC is a member of the following international networks: European Business & Innovation Centre Network (EBN) and Enterprise Europe Network (EEN).
JIC, association of legal entities
612 00 Brno
+420 511 205 330
- I.South Moravia: Geography, Labour Force, Economy
- II. Legal Regulation of Business Activities, Establishment of Business Entities
- III. Accounting and Auditing
- IV. Tax System in the Czech Republic
- V. Employment and Labour Regulations
- VI. Visa and Integration after Arrival
VII. Co-operation with South Moravian Institutions
- CEITEC – Central European Institute of Technology
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering of the Brno University of Technology
- AdMaS – Advanced Materials, Structures and Technologies
- Centre SIX – Sensor, Information and Communication Systems
- NETME Centre – New Technologies for Mechanical Engineering
- CVVOZE – Centre for Research and Utilisation of Renewable Energy
- CMV – Materials Research Centre
- TTO MU – Technology Transfer Office of Masaryk University
- JIC – South Moravian Innovation Centre
- JCMM – South Moravian Centre for International Mobility
- ISOB – The International School of Brno
- BEC – Brno Expat Centre
- VIII. Practical Information: Working and Living in South Moravia