The Centre for Foreigners JMK
Centre for foreigners JMK is open to foreigners since the first day of their arrival to the South Moravian region. For 11 years of continuous operation we support the integration of foreigners to Czech community with our activities. The main goal of the Center is to provide equal support to all foreigners residing legally in the territory of the South Moravian Region, regardless of their country of origin. The center builds its services on professionalism, qualified support of councelors and teaching the Czech language. Individual approach, friendly environment, willingness and openness are a priority here.
1) Czech language courses
- • Courses for adults
- Classical grammar language courses
- Courses for parents with children
- Conversation courses
- Open conversation courses
- Distance e-learning writing courses
- Model citizenship exams
- Model tests for permanent residence
- • Courses for children
- Summer intensive Czech language courses
2) Legal advice in the field of:
- legal regulations on the territory of the Czech Republic,
- Educational, health, social, and the pension system.
- assistance in applying for citizenship,
- drafting written applications,
- telephone and e-mail communication with the state administration and self-government bodies,
- accompaniments to the authorities and mediation of meetings with responsible officials,
- OAMP assistance.
3) Social counseling in the field of:
- looking for housing,
- filling in forms,
- handling contributions,
- quest for doctors, schools, kindergartens,
- explanation of the important function of health care and health insurance in the Czech Republic.
- But also:
- accompaniments to the doctor or the authorities.
4) Career counseling in the field of:
- finding and choosing a suitable job,
- nostrification of foreign education,
- obtaining additional qualifications.
- Help with:
- preparing for a job interview,
- writing a cover letter or CV.
5) Lectures, workshops, and seminars for the general and professional public
- Socio-cultural orientation courses (for ex. on the topic of Pensions in the Czech Republic, Living in Brno, How to fill in a tax return, Diploma nostrification, Health insurance, …)
- Adaptation - integration courses “Welcome to the Czech Republic”
- Community-specific courses
6) Free-time activities for families and childern
- … and many others!
Centre for Foreigners JMK
Mezírka 1 (4. patro), 602 00 Brno
+420 541 658 333
Ministry of the Interior of the Czech Republic
+420 974 832 421
+420 974 832 418
Monday–Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 15:00 a.m.
- I.South Moravia: Geography, Labour Force, Economy
- II. Legal Regulation of Business Activities, Establishment of Business Entities
- III. Accounting and Auditing
- IV. Tax System in the Czech Republic
- V. Employment and Labour Regulations
- VI. Visa and Integration after Arrival
VII. Co-operation with South Moravian Institutions
- CEITEC – Central European Institute of Technology
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering of the Brno University of Technology
- TTO – Technology Transfer Office at the Brno University of Technology
- AdMaS – Advanced Materials, Structures and Technologies
- Centre SIX – Sensor, Information and Communication Systems
- NETME Centre – New Technologies for Mechanical Engineering
- CVVOZE – Centre for Research and Utilisation of Renewable Energy
- CMV – Materials Research Centre
- Masaryk University - International Staff Office (ISO)
- TTO MU – Technology Transfer Office of Masaryk University
- JCMM - support for the gifted
- The Centre for Foreigners JMK
- ISOB – The International School of Brno
- BEC – Brno Expat Centre
- International Clinical Research Centre (ICRC) of St. Anne’s University Hospital in Brno
- JIC – South Moravian Innovation Centre
- VIII. Practical Information: Working and Living in South Moravia